Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not dissing a smooth guacamole here. You know the type that’s been mashed to within an inch of it’s life and you can’t really make out it’s component parts? It has it’s place, but chunky is where it’s at for me. I like a bit of texture to it, making it more of a side dish rather than something to dip or dollop. Maybe it’s a salad then? I don’t know, but honestly… I could eat a whole bowl of it just on its own!
This goes really well with my Chilli recipe 🙂
Serves 4 – 6 as an accompaniment (yeah right!!!)
– 2 large ripe avocados, flesh removed and chopped roughly into 2cm dice
– A big handful of ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1/2 a large red onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 a large red chilli, finely chopped (or more if you like it spicy)
– Juice and zest of a fat lime
– Large handful of fresh coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
– A good pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Add all of the above to a bowl and combine well, but don’t mash, so that the ripe avocado just begins to cover the rest of the ingredients with it’s smooth creaminess. OK Stop! I’m no Nigella. Just give it a really good mix. Or mash if you want. Totally up to you.
I’ll eat guacamole with pretty much anything, but it’s great in a burrito, on a burger, with a salad, to accompany BBQ, or serve it with a chilli or spicy bean stew.